OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE HISTORIC CITY OF APALACHICOLA, FLORIDA
• Hurricane season started June 1st. Remember to make a plan and signup to receive up-to-date Franklin County Notifications at https://www.franklinemergencymanagement.com/ Also download the EverBridge App on your smart phone and text the word “FRANKLINFL” to 888777.
• NOTICE: The Splash Pad located at the Mayor Van W. Johnson Sr Recreation & Community Service Complex (190 14th Street. Apalachicola, FL 32320) is temporarily closed until further notice due to an equipment malfunction. We apologize for the inconvenience.
• What is the City doing to lower TTHM’s in the drinking water:
1. Closely monitoring chlorine levels.
2. Exercising valves in order to eliminate dead ends.
3. Installed a mixer and stripper in the Ground Storage Tank at the water plant.
4. Performing routine maintenance flushing within the distribution system.
5. Installing automatic flushers at the end of water lines.
6. Applied for a USDA Water and Wastewater Grant to install a Granulated Active Carbon water filtration system.
“The City cares about the quality of your drinking water and through a combination of these actions is having success in lowering the levels of TTHM’s in Apalachicola’s drinking water. While further work is needed, the Quarterly Testing Results show that the City is headed in the right direction,” says City Manager Ron Nalley. Click here for an overview of TTHMs. Click here for the latest TTHM test results.
Hurricane Michael Information, click here