Notice: The City of Apalachicola has received preliminary copies of proposed changes to the city’s Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) and an accompanying Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The hard copy version of the preliminary maps and the report are available to review at City Hall (192 Coach Wagner Boulevard). The two affected map panels in the City are available to review here and here. The accompanying report is available to review here. FEMA has also posted the maps, the report and source information used in making the updates online at FEMA Map Service Center https//www.fema.gov/preliminaryfloodhazarddata. Comments or questions about the maps be sent to the Mapping Partner, c/o Mr. John Crowe, CFM, Northwest Florida Water Management District, 81 Water Management Drive, Havana, FL 32322-4712. All comments are requested no later than July 13, 2019.
Notice: Hurricane season started June 1st. Remember to make a plan and signup to receive up-to-date Franklin County Notifications at https://www.franklinemergencymanagement.com/ Also download the EverBridge App on your smart phone and text the word “FRANKLINFL” to 888777.
• NOTICE: The Splash Pad is located at 190 14th Street. Apalachicola, FL 32320. Regular hours are 12 AM to 7 PM.
• What is the City doing to lower TTHM’s in the drinking water:
1. Closely monitoring chlorine levels.
2. Exercising valves in order to eliminate dead ends.
3. Installed a mixer and stripper in the Ground Storage Tank at the water plant.
4. Performing routine maintenance flushing within the distribution system.
5. Installing automatic flushers at the end of water lines.
“The City cares about the quality of your drinking water and through a combination of these actions is having success in lowering the levels of TTHM’s in Apalachicola’s drinking water. While further work is needed, the Quarterly Testing Results show that the City is headed in the right direction,” says City Manager Ron Nalley. Click here for an overview of TTHMs. Click here for the latest TTHM test results.